Sunday, October 10, 2010

I've started a great work....

In considering "what's next?"  I realized I was mentally rehashing many things that I should have given to God...things that have been eating at me on every level.  Unfortunately, like all things I thought I gave to Him, but had not...not really...they were sapping all my energy...physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.  The focus on all the past "stuff" and the "what next" stuff was keeping me from really seeing what is right in front of me...this verse from Nehemiah 6 has been hanging in my head for a couple of days..."I've started a great work and I can't come down"...
What a great concept...saying "don't bother me" to all the noise in my head...the noise of trying to make decisions, wrestling with difficult situations, replaying painful times...just stay away. 
Because, I realized I HAVE started a "great work"...and with His help, I will continue it.  The key is to RECOGNIZE, EMBRACE, and ENJOY this great work that is my life.  I need to not let myself come down to all the things that were pulling me there.  Things I know were pulling me away from God..things put there by Satan to try to make me doubt myself and focus on the things of this world, instead of the Lord I serve.  Turning off the noise...refusing to "come down" has served to make me praise God...what an awesome life He has given me!  What possibilities He has put before me!
I have found a new energy for my professional life...without feeling resentful and stressed.  I found energy for my personal life...even the mundane cleaning and laundry...a profound new energy for my church which has felt more like a chore than anything invigorating or spiritual in recent months.  I am SO excited about Sunday School and our planned events for this year...it was a JOY to teach this morning and see how the kids were "getting" the message...something I have not seen for a long time.  Not because they weren't getting it, but because I wasn't SEEING it.  Or in this case, HEARING it, because of the noise that Satan was making in my head.
So the "what next" is really not a drastic change in PATH, but a drastic change in LISTENING to what God has planned...a drastic change from listening to the noise to listening to Him. 
Listen...I've started a great work and I WON'T come down!
Blessings!  Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment